See the information below for help accessing your student account.
Using a VPN will cause Microsoft to block your account.
If you are new to RVHS and need to set up SSPR, please click the link below to add your phone number and change your password.
Password Requirements passwords to avoid:
- You cannot use the 3 previous passwords.
- Do NOT use the state ID.
- It must be at least 6 characters.
- Do NOT use the word "password" or any other word that is too easy to guess. Use common sense when creating a password.
*It may take an hour after you change your password before your new password will work.
Removing a Microsoft Block
If you receive a message that your account has been "BLOCKED" when trying to log in to your Rutherford County email, Office 365, Clever, follow the steps below.
The first step in troubleshooting is to RESTART your computer.
Students should reset their password using Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR). Changing your password will remove the block. Click the link below to reset your password.
You MUST use a STRONG password, or it will not work. Self-Service Password Reset must have been setup prior to the blocked message. If you are new to RVH or do not have self service password set up, please visit the library.
New Password Requirements and Troubleshooting Tips:
- You cannot use the 3 previous passwords (or any variation of a previous password). For example, if you had been using your original State ID, do no change your password to your state ID with your initials added to the end. That's not a different enough password. CHANGE IT TO SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT.
- Do NOT use your state ID.
- New password must be at least 6 characters.
- Do NOT use the word "password" or any other word that is easy to guess. Use common sense when creating a password.
*It may take an hour after you change your password before Microsoft removes the block.
**After an hour, if the account is not unblocked, it is likely that Microsoft did not find the new password strong enough. You need to go back through the process again and generate a stronger password.