Rockvale High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
School Counseling » New Student Registration

New Student Registration

New To Rutherford County (out of state, out of district, private/home school students) - Welcome! Please complete online registration

Jessica Dooley [email protected]  will be our main school contacts to assist you with online registration.  You can contact the school by phone at 615-848-6500.  Once your online registration is approved you will be contacted by your student's assigned counselor during office hours (see below) to select classes for next school year.  Parents and students can review RCS Graduation requirements and Rockvale High School course offerings and course descriptions by visiting our Course Registration page to the right.  


New to Rockvale High School (transfer from another Rutherford County School) - Welcome!  Please contact the school to begin the registration process. Once registration is complete you will schedule a registration appointment via phone, email or in person with a counselor to create a schedule.  


Check out our Course Registration Page to see a list of graduation requirements and course offerings at Rockvale! We look forward to meeting you.  


The following items are required for the registration process:


1. Proof of Residency -

  • A utility bill(gas,electric), leasing agreement, deed

  • If your child is attending Rockvale High School on a zone waiver, you must present your letter of approval from the Central Office in lieu of proof of residency.

  • If the custodial parent and student are living with someone else, they must obtain an Address Affidavit form from the Counseling Office. This form must be completed & notarized by both parties. In addition, you and the person you are living with must meet with the principal before registration can take place. (You must bring the notarized affidavit and 2 utility bills with you when meeting with the principal.)

2. Tennessee Immunization Card

This card should already be in your student’s cumulative records if he/she has been a student in a Tennessee Public School. If not, this card can be obtained from the Rutherford County Health Department, 100 W. Burton Street (615) 898-7880 or from his/her doctor by presenting the student's immunization record. No appointment is necessary to transfer these records. According to Tennessee state regulations, we cannot register your child without this card on file!

3. Birth certificate copy

4. Custody Papers -If the student’s parents are divorced/separated or have never been married.

5. Unofficial Transcript - Either an unofficial transcript showing all of the student’s high school credits or final report cards from each year of high school will be required to properly place your child in classes.

6. Transfer/Withdrawal Form – Required only for students enrolling from another school in the same school year. Students must have withdrawn from the previous school before they can be registered at RVHS.  



Helpful Phone Numbers:

Rockvale High School: (615) 848-6500, Fax (615) 848-6501

Bus Transportation: (615) 895-8656

Department of Children Services: (615) 217-8900

School Attorney: (615) 893-5812

Rutherford County Health Department: (615) 898-7785