August 10, 2020
Hello Rockvale High Parents and Students,
First of all I would like to apologize for the length of this message but I want you to be aware of important information needed this week.This information (as well as other messages) is posted on our website under Parent Resources. This voice message will also be sent out in an email.
- Laptop and textbook distribution went well today for the incoming Freshmen. If you missed today, you may come on one of the other pickup days. The schedule is as follows: 10th Grade- Tuesday, August 11th, 11th grade- Wednesday August 12th, and Seniors Thursday, August 13th from 1:00 until 4:00 each day. You may choose to use your personal device and are not required to borrow a school laptop.
- Kiddom, which is our learning management platform, now has instructional videos and resources posted on our website under the student tab just click on distant learning resources. It is also on the main scroller on the webpage. These resources will help guide your child in connecting with the teachers. We are requesting all distant learners to check in with their teachers during the day on Thursday and Friday.
- Students will use their user name and state ID, which is also their lunch number to login to clever and into their email. All passwords will be reset to their state ID on Tuesday night. Distant learners need to start checking their email daily for updates from their teachers.
- I would also like to remind you that our Reopening plan and other important information can be found on the scroller of our webpage and under the parent resources tab. Parents are required to ask your student the Covid 19 identifying questions (found in the reopening plan) and take their temperature each day before school. We will follow up with the same procedures.
- First Day Procedures- Thursday and Friday, August 13 and 14th, are 3:15 minute days. School hours on are 8:30 till 11:45. Students will need to check their schedules in skyward so I recommend taking a screenshot of your schedule on your phone.We will also have staff available to print their schedules if needed.
- As a reminder concerning parking, all student drivers will need to stay in their cars until 8:15. If you need to purchase breakfast you will enter the front doors.(Car passes will go on sale the week of Monday, 8/17/2020. Passes are $5.00 and we will begin selling to the Senior class.
- Car riders should be dropped of at the front entrance beginning at 7:45 AM. We are asking that you not drop them off until 7:45 to reduce the close contact and maintain social distancing.
In closing, I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We will continue to do our best at ensuring that all parent and student needs are met.
Thanks and have a good evening.