Dress Code and Grooming
The following rules will be enforced for all RVHS students, male and female:
- Clothing and accessories with slogans, symbols, or displays about or suggestive of drugs, alcohol, sex,obscenities, gangs, sororities, fraternities, or which prove to be a disturbing influence, shall not be allowed.
- Appropriate footwear and shirts must be worn at all times.
- Sleep and lounge wear are not appropriate. This includes house shoes. Exposed undergarments are not allowed.
- Bare midriffs, sheer or see-through clothing, bare backs, off-the-shoulder tops, tank tops, cut-out tops, spaghetti straps, muscle shirts, and other revealing garments are not allowed. Visible cleavage is not allowed.
- No head wear may be worn or visible inside the building (except for special events or as part of the school uniform). Hooded sweatshirts may be worn, but students may not wear the hood. Students violating this policy will have the article confiscated and repeat offenses will result in discipline steps. Hats that are taken up may only be picked up by a parent/guardian. Please note that confiscated items may only be picked up in the main office between 8:00 a.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Rakes, picks, combs, curlers, bandannas, chains, or sunglasses may not be worn on campus Students violating this policy will have the article confiscated and returned at the end of the day. Repeat offenses will be held until the end of the year.
- The length of shorts and/or skirts (including open slits in skirts) must be equal to or longer than the fingertips of the individual while standing in a relaxed position and must be able to stay (not ride up) at an appropriate length when walking, sitting, or participating in classroom activities.
- Running/soccer shorts are prohibited unless worn as part of the school uniform during an athletic contest.
- Leotards, spandex, Lycra, leggings, jeggings, yoga pants, and form-fitting clothes are not suitable school wear. However, they are allowed if worn in conjunction with other garments that adequately cover the shoulders and chest and meet school requirements for length.
- Baggy pants should be cinched with a belt and worn properly at the waist. No pants sagging below the waist will be allowed. Hanging off-the-shoulder suspenders are not allowed. Students whose pants sag will be sent to the appropriate administrator.
- Long outerwear, such as trench coats, should be removed upon entering the building and may not be worn during the school day.
- No holes, tears, or rips above the student’s fingertips will be permitted. There can be no exposed skin above student’s fingertip when the individual is standing in the relaxed position. This includes pants with see through mesh.
- No face paint, ornamental makeup, masks, costumes, or costume accessories allowed.
In keeping with the educational purpose of the school, students are expected to dress and groom themselves appropriately.
First Offense: Warning-student removed from the population.
Second Offense: Supervised Study -1 Day (student removed the from the population)
Third Offense: ISS - 1 Day
Continuous Violations will result in removal from Population.